Ingredients: Oatstraw, Hibiscus, Olive Leaf, Burdock Root, Ginger, Turmeric, Cinnamon
This unique detox blend is intended to be nourishing and protective of the liver, while assisting both the liver and lungs in their blood-cleansing duties. The bitter rhizomes and roots are included to "scrub" out any malicious micro-organisms that may have taken up residence during the year. Cinnamon and Olive leaf have been well-studied and acclaimed for having the ability to stabilize blood sugar levels.
When your liver and lungs are overwhelmed, your body borrows your skin for releasing certain toxins. Stress bumps in the middle of the forehead as well as in the inside corners of the eyes may be related to this action.
How to Make:
• Scoop 1 teaspoon of loose tea per 4 oz of boiling water into a heat safe vessel
• Pour boiling water over herbs--let steep until pink (about 15 min)
• Strain into cup for immediate use. Can also be kept in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
• Drink cold, heat on the stovetop, or dilute with hot water.
When to Drink:
• 2-4 cups / day as support for a healthy individual on a seasonal cleansing plan.
• 1-2 cups as an added support (and delicious beverage) once or twice a week.
• 1 cup the morning after you have over-indulged...perhaps even as part of your indulgence...or instead of?